Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Subway

I haven't eaten at a Subway in years. For a person who talks and eats food so much, Subway was never really a choice since I found their subs to be not filling or having an option on the menu for something Buffalo style... despite many Subways around the area. This Subway is pretty much the closest place to have lunch at which is weird for the middle of downtown Buffalo. This might be the only review of a commercial food service place and it happens to be the first one posted on here after visiting and eating from several in the area.

I didn't have any of their coupons or anything, but I was in the mood for a sub. I was reminded of their 5 dollar every day foot long subs so I ordered one of those. The two guys behind the counter were in two stations and the line was hardly existent at noon because of their speed. Standing in line and then moving across to tell what ingredients you want on your sub never stood out to me. I just want to order something and let that be that. However, from the time I ordered my Spicy Italian sub to finishing up at the cashier, it was no more than a couple minutes long. The sub was actually not that bad from what I originally had in the past... or maybe just because I had jalapeƱos on it which enhanced it.

I had low expectations for Subway, but the experience was just fine and I would be going back after a long hiatus. It was cheap, fast, and quite fresh... and with some time remaining in the thirty minute lunch break, I am glad I got a small cookie platter which had a dozen chocolate chip cookies. I'm someone who is against American fast food chains as my new year's resolution two years ago was not to eat any fast food and I've still kept up with it. I will be going back to test their consistency which is vital to every lunch place.

Final Rating: 3.5 out of 5

Subway
www.subway.com
120 West Chippewa Street
Buffalo, NY 14202-2007
(716) 856-0194

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Five...five...five dollar footlong.

You can always count on getting a consistently decent sub from Subway. They will never beat Wegmans though!